Clinical Informatics Analyst
The Clinical Informatics Specialist is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of datasets and analytics to support quality, compliance and operational processes. The candidate will leverage strong communication, analytical and organizational skills to identify, design, produce and distribute Business Intelligence solutions aligned to strategic goals, target metrics and best practices.
· Accept, interpret, and prioritize incoming requests for analytical support from end users and stakeholders.
· Gather business requirements, and build, aggregate or modify BI-based datasets to answer research questions, monitor key metrics and provide decision suppor.t
· Contribute to table structure and integration within an enterprise data warehouse. Compile data from diverse input and storage systems (e.g., flat files, relational and object-oriented databases) with different data structures (e.g., XML, HL7). Simplify complex datasets using understandable metrics, visualizations, and dashboards.
· Collaborate with staff to document data needs and metrics definitions.
· Performs a QA function for the data integration processes and repository metrics. Validate data load processes and the quality of the data loaded into clinical data repositories.
· Create and maintain end user documentation for analytics deliverables and participate in or lead associated hands-on training
· Organize data to identify and communicate previously-unseen trends and insights related to business questions, interests, risks and decision processes
· Collaborate on project efforts using work breakdown structures, standard development workflows, functional and user acceptance test plans, and timely status reporting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer science, engineering, or other analytical area generally required. Will accept any suitable combination of education, experience, and training
· 3+ years of functional business experience including informatics, econometrics, BI or analytics development, and project management
· Experience developing algorithms and visualizations required (Dashboards & Scorecards) using a Business Intelligence platform, e.g., MicroStrategy (preferably), SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Cognos
· Experience manipulating and optimizing large data sets using advanced Excel formulas, VBA, Microsoft Access or SQL. Experience in data validation, cleaning and preparation methodologies. Knowledge of writing data analysis scripts and macros in SAS, R, or SPSS is a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management. Effective active listening, interview, facilitation, and presentation skills
· Knowledge of relational databases, including experience building SQL queries and working with multiple tables. Knowledge of SQL editor tools, e.g., Toad, AQT, SQL developer
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and communicate status of work and projects
· Ability to communicate business needs to technical people and to simplify complex technical information for non-technical people
· Ability to establish business relationships and work effectively with business and end user stakeholders in a dynamic, self-directed, team-based environment. Strong interpersonal skills
Send resume to:
Date Posted March 2, 2015